Saturday, August 3, 2024

August 3, 1955

 
Dear Diary,

This morning's homily was particularly special. Father LeRoy delivered a sermon inspired by a beautiful poem I had shown him on Friday. The first verse of John Hathaway's poem reads:

"Queen of my soul—
O Mother loved whose star-like eyes
Are all the light I seek,
Look from thy home beyond the skies
and hear me whilst I speak.
And hear me whilst I speak."

Father found the poem splendid and asked to copy it down to prepare for his sermon. During Mass today, he spoke about the comfort and guidance we receive from our Heavenly Mother. He emphasized how, like the poem suggests, we can always seek her light and wisdom. He reminded us that her loving gaze from beyond the skies brings peace and helps us feel heard and understood in our prayers.

Mini was with us in church, sitting quietly by my side. After the service, she greeted everyone with her charming sashay, bringing joy to all she met. Sister Mary Claire and I couldn't help but smile at how much happiness Mini spreads.

In the afternoon, I spent some time in the sanctuary cave, reading more of John Hathaway's letters and prayers. His words always bring me a sense of peace and reflection.

As evening fell, Sister Mary Claire and I knelt in prayer together. We thanked God for the inspiration and guidance we find in our faith. We prayed for the strength to always seek the light of our Heavenly Mother and for her continued presence in our lives.

Amen.

With love and prayers, 

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Third Day

September 28, 1955 Dear Diary, Another cold, blustery day, even worse than yesterday. My hopes of fishing by the shore of Okoboji were dashe...