Wednesday, August 21, 2024

The Vineyard


Dear Diary,

This morning, Mini and I walked to church along the west road. The rain had left the road in need of grading, but thankfully, there was no hail to harm the corn. Mini carried her squeaky ball the entire way, occasionally dropping it for me to toss.

When we arrived, Mini went straight to her water dish, which Father LeRoy always fills. Inside, Sister Mary Claire greeted the congregation, handing out the Gospel readings with her warm smile. It was comforting to see her welcoming everyone with such care.

During Mass, Father LeRoy’s homily focused on the parable of the laborers in the vineyard. He reminded us that God’s generosity surpasses our understanding of fairness, and it’s not about how much we do, but about the grace we receive. As I walked home, I kept reflecting on this, realizing how often I compare myself to others. Father’s words were a reminder to trust in God’s love and to be grateful for His grace.

As the day ends, I offer this prayer:

“Dear Lord,
Thank You for the rain that nourishes the earth and for the lessons You teach me each day. Help me to trust in Your boundless grace and to walk humbly in Your love. May I always greet each day with a grateful heart, knowing that Your generosity knows no bounds.

Amen.”

With love and prayer,
Kathy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Third Day

September 28, 1955 Dear Diary, Another cold, blustery day, even worse than yesterday. My hopes of fishing by the shore of Okoboji were dashe...