Friday, August 16, 2024

Daily Gospel Reading No. 1


Dear Diary,

This morning, after Mass, something wonderful happened. Father LeRoy took me aside, and I could tell he had something important to ask. He inquired about my typing skills, and I told him I thought that I was pretty good. He then asked if I would be willing to type out a Daily Gospel Reading for the church—if I had time. I was so surprised and felt very complimented that he would ask me to do something so special.

Father had been typing these out himself, but now he’s passing the task on to me. Father gave me some specialty paper just for the purpose, and something even more special—his personal stamper with his name on it. He said that if there was room at the bottom of the page, I could stamp his name there. I was so touched by this, and it felt much more meaningful to put Father’s name on the readings instead of my own. It made the whole process feel even more important.

After I finished typing out the first Gospel reading, I carefully stamped Father’s name at the bottom, and it looked perfect. Father even let me keep the stamper, saying it was a second one and that I could have it as a remembrance. I was so pleased and felt so honored by his trust in me.

Sister Mary Claire was, of course, very pleased when she found out. She said I did a wonderful job, and it made me feel so proud. I’m excited to continue this little task from the sanctuary cave's library. I love the idea of helping in my own small way.

After we got home, I gathered a brown egg from Omelet, my favorite hen. I decided to have it soft-boiled over toast for breakfast, and it was delicious. Mini stayed close by as I worked, keeping me company. I know my day will be busy with my new little job, but I’m excited to dive into it. It feels like the start of something very special, and I can’t wait to see where it leads.

Before I go to bed, I want to say a little prayer:

Dear Lord, thank you for the blessings of this day, for the opportunities you’ve placed before me, and for the guidance you’ve provided. Please watch over Sister Mary Claire, Father LeRoy, and all those who are dear to me. Grant me the wisdom and strength to continue serving you in my small ways. Keep Mini safe and healthy, and bless my family and friends. May tomorrow bring peace, love, and joy. Amen.

Good night, dear Diary.

With love,
Kathy











No comments:

Post a Comment

Third Day

September 28, 1955 Dear Diary, Another cold, blustery day, even worse than yesterday. My hopes of fishing by the shore of Okoboji were dashe...