Wednesday, July 24, 2024

The Indian Narrative


July 24, 1955


Dear Diary,
Today was a day full of wonder and discovery. I spent the afternoon reading a fascinating book that Father Leroy donated to our little sanctuary library. The book is about a young Indian man named Juan Diego who experienced apparitions of the Blessed Mother. 

The Story Begins Here with Juan Diego alone in a peaceful grove, much like my sanctuary cave, when a radiant light appeared before him. As the light grew brighter, the Blessed Mother emerged, her face serene and filled with love. She looked much like Sister Mary Claire, with kind eyes and a gentle smile. Mary spoke to Juan Diego in a soft, comforting voice, saying, "Do not be afraid, my child. I am with you always. Seek comfort and strength in your faith." Juan Diego felt an overwhelming sense of peace and knew that this was the beginning of something profound.

I couldn't help but imagine myself in his place, feeling that same divine presence. It made me think of my own connection to the sanctuary cave and how blessed I am to have found such a special place. After finishing the first part of the story, I decided to put the book in the Little Library for all to read, so others can share in the beauty of Juan Diego's experience.

The rest of the day was filled with the usual chores and simple joys. Mini, my faithful corgi, was by my side, her playful antics bringing a smile to my face. The brown hen clucked contentedly, and the African geese honked in the distance, creating a symphony of farm sounds that I love so much.

As the evening draws near, I feel a deep sense of gratitude for the blessings in my life. The story of Juan Diego's first apparition has touched my heart and reminded me of the importance of faith and hope.

Heavenly Father, thank You for the beauty of this day and for the inspiration I found in the story of Juan Diego. Thank You for the visit from the Blessed Mother that he experienced and the peace it brought to his heart. Watch over my family, my animals, and our little farm. Help me to grow in faith and love, and to be a light to those around me.

Amen.


Until tomorrow, dear diary.

With love,

Kathy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Third Day

September 28, 1955 Dear Diary, Another cold, blustery day, even worse than yesterday. My hopes of fishing by the shore of Okoboji were dashe...