Sunday, July 28, 2024

July 29, 1955


Dear Diary,

Today was such a blessed day at Mass. Father LeRoy's homily left a deep impression on me. The Gospel was from John 11:19-27, where Jesus comforts Martha after the death of her brother Lazarus. Father spoke about the immense faith Martha had in Jesus. Even in her sorrow, she believed that He was the Resurrection and the Life. Father reminded us that, like Martha, we must have unwavering faith in Jesus, especially during our difficult times. He said that our faith should be a source of comfort and strength, just as it was for Martha. I felt such peace and reassurance hearing those words.

After Mass, I spent some time in the sanctuary cave, reflecting on the homily and Today's Gospel Reading.  The little grotto with Mary and the stream still bring me so much tranquility.

This is my evening prayer:

Dear Jesus, thank You for the wisdom shared by Father today. Help me to have faith like Martha, trusting in Your promises even when times are tough. Thank You for the comfort and peace Your words bring me.

Bless Father for guiding us and reminding us of Your love. Thank You for this beautiful sanctuary and the quiet moments I get to spend here. Please watch over Mini, Omelette, and all the creatures in my care. Help me to always seek Your presence in my life and to find strength in Your words. Keep my heart open to Your love and my faith steadfast.

Amen.

With love and faith,

Kathy







No comments:

Post a Comment

Third Day

September 28, 1955 Dear Diary, Another cold, blustery day, even worse than yesterday. My hopes of fishing by the shore of Okoboji were dashe...