Thursday, July 18, 2024

The Permission of Evil

 
July 18, 1955

Dear Diary,

This morning's Mass was truly enlightening. Father LeRoy’s homily was especially poignant, and I could feel its impact resonating throughout the congregation. Mini sat at my feet, her usual spot, but something curious happened when Father LeRoy began to speak about the wisdom of God's creation. As he said, "We have learned too that the lowliest creatures exhibit as fully as the noblest the ingenuities of God's wisdom, the marvels of His power, the infinite range of His knowledge and prevision," Mini perked up and looked directly at me. It was as if she was trying to see if I was paying attention to what Father was saying. It was such a strange but sweet moment. Mini seemed to understand the significance of Father's words, almost urging me to reflect deeply on them.

Father continued, "Many mysteries still remain hidden from us; many difficulties will be a trial of faith till new discoveries shall solve them. Do not presume to criticize the inscrutable ways of God's Providence because of being too ignorant to understand them. One day all things will be made clear to you." These words touched my heart deeply. It's a reminder that faith requires patience and trust in God’s greater plan, even when we don't fully understand it. This includes the Permission of Evil in the many unsolved mysteries of life, which we must accept with humility and faith.

After Mass, Sister Mary Claire and I walked back to the farm. We talked about Father LeRoy’s homily, and Mini seemed to be listening intently to our conversation, her little ears twitching with every word. It was as if she was part of our spiritual journey, sharing in the wisdom and faith that Father LeRoy imparted to us.

Heavenly Father,

I thank You for this blessed day and for the gift of Your word through Father LeRoy’s homily. Your wisdom is beyond our understanding, and yet, in Your infinite mercy, You reveal glimpses of it through the simplest of Your creatures. Help me to see Your hand in all things, to recognize Your power and knowledge in the world around me, just as Mini seemed to understand today.

Grant me patience and faith to endure the mysteries and trials that life brings, trusting that in Your time, all will be made clear. Guide my steps as I walk this path with Sister Mary Claire and my dear Mini, and let our hearts always be open to Your divine providence.

Bless our farm, our brown hens, especially Omelette, and we give thanks for the egg production which is so vital to our simple way of life. Protect us and keep us always in Your loving care.

Amen.


Until tomorrow,

Kathy





No comments:

Post a Comment

Third Day

September 28, 1955 Dear Diary, Another cold, blustery day, even worse than yesterday. My hopes of fishing by the shore of Okoboji were dashe...