Friday, July 26, 2024

Grace and Reflection


Dear Diary,

Today has been a day of grace and reflection. The morning walk to St. Mary's with Sister Mary Claire was serene and beautiful. The fields are alive with the rustling of the corn, their green blades waving gently in the breeze. The ears of corn shooting upwards are still very slim, just beginning their growth. The air was fresh, and the dew sparkled on the leaves, making everything look like it was sprinkled with diamonds. Mini trotted happily alongside us, her little legs moving swiftly to keep up.

Father Leroy's homily at Mass on Reprobation touched my heart deeply. He spoke about God's immense love for us, emphasizing that God loves us for our very weaknesses. He said that the quality of being a sinner touches His heart more than innocence does. It’s comforting to know that God desires our salvation even more earnestly when we feel undeserving of it. The parable of the Prodigal Son is a perfect illustration of this boundless love and forgiveness. I also saw Ronnie at Mass today, which was nice. It always feels good to see familiar faces in the congregation.

After Mass, we returned home, and the evening was spent in peaceful prayer within the comforting walls of the prayer wagon. There’s something so special about that space; it feels like a direct line to heaven. Before ending the day, I spent some quiet moments scratching Mini's head. She looked up at me with those big, trusting eyes, and it filled my heart with joy.

Dear God, thank you for your endless love and forgiveness. Help me to always remember that you love me for my weaknesses and that your mercy is boundless. Guide me to live a life that reflects your grace and to always seek your light in times of darkness. Bless my family, especially Sister Mary Claire and my friend Ronnie, and keep us all close to your heart. Amen.

Goodnight, Diary.

With love, Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Third Day

September 28, 1955 Dear Diary, Another cold, blustery day, even worse than yesterday. My hopes of fishing by the shore of Okoboji were dashe...