Sunday, July 21, 2024

Sunday Sermon



Dear Diary,

Last night, Sister Mary Claire and I attended Vigil Mass, and it was truly a moving experience. The church was filled with the soft glow of candlelight, and as we settled into our pew, I felt a deep sense of peace. Father LeRoy's homily was about the Good Shepherd, a beautiful reminder of how Jesus is always watching over us, guiding and protecting us just as a shepherd tends to his flock. Father LeRoy spoke with such passion and clarity that I could almost see Jesus carrying the lost sheep on His shoulders, bringing them back to safety. It made me reflect on how often we stray and how Jesus is always there, ready to bring us back to His embrace.

This afternoon, I spent my time in the cozy cave, my little sanctuary. The cave is filled with antique items, and it feels like a different world altogether, a perfect place to lose myself in my thoughts and art. I set up my easel and started painting images inspired by the Good Shepherd. The picture of Jesus carrying the lost sheep felt particularly poignant after last night's homily. As I painted, I listened to Father Robert Barron's voice on the radio, continuing to speak about the Good Shepherd and how we are all cherished in the eyes of Jesus. Father Barron's words were comforting and powerful, reinforcing the message that Jesus is always there to guide and protect us.

Sister Mary Claire's presence is always comforting. Her faith and gentle spirit remind me of the Blessed Mother, and I often imagine them side by side, guiding and protecting me.

As the day comes to a close, I turn to prayer, seeking comfort and guidance.

Dear Jesus, the Good Shepherd, Thank you for always watching over me and guiding me through life's challenges. I pray for Your protection and love, just as You care for each lost sheep. Bless Sister Mary Claire, whose faith inspires me daily. May Your light always shine upon us, Guiding our steps and filling our hearts with peace. Amen.

Thank you, Jesus, for this day spent in reflection and creativity, For Father Leroy's homily that reminded me of Your unwavering love, And for Father Robert Barron's words that comforted my soul. Amen.

Goodnight, dear Diary. May tomorrow be filled with new inspirations and the constant presence of the Good Shepherd in my life.

Amen.

With love,
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Third Day

September 28, 1955 Dear Diary, Another cold, blustery day, even worse than yesterday. My hopes of fishing by the shore of Okoboji were dashe...