Monday, July 15, 2024

God's Justice



June 15, 1955

Dear Diary,

Today has been a day full of reflection and simple joys. This morning, as Sister Mary Claire and I walked to St. Mary's Church, the air was cool, and the early morning light cast a serene glow over the countryside. We talked quietly, enjoying the peaceful start to our day.

Father LeRoy's homily was deeply comforting. He spoke about not being troubled by our lot in life or by seeing others receive less than they deserve. He reminded us that God's accounts are not balanced until the next life. This means we must trust in His justice, which, after a short delay, will rectify all that is wrong and compensate for present inequalities. His words touched my heart, and I felt a renewed sense of peace and trust in God's plan.

After Mass, we saw a notice on the bulletin board about the Iowa State Fair. The date has been set! I couldn't help but think of my dear brown hen, Omelette. I envisioned her with a blue ribbon around her neck, proudly strutting about. It would be wonderful to see her win a prize. I must make sure she’s in top condition for the fair.

This afternoon was wonderfully productive. I spent some time working on the Little library, organizing the books and making a list of the ones we need to add. It felt good to contribute to something that will bring joy and knowledge to others in our little community.

Afterwards, I relaxed and opened a big jar of strawberry jam, making a delicious sandwich for lunch. The jam was sweet and flavorful, a perfect accompaniment to the fresh bread. I sat by the little stream near the grotto of Mary, enjoying my meal and the tranquility of the moment.

As the day came to a close, Sister Mary Claire and I gathered in the prayer wagon. The evening was calm, and the soft glow of the lantern added a warm ambiance. We said a little prayer together:

"Dear Lord, we thank You for the blessings of this day, for the peace and guidance You provide. Help us to trust in Your justice and to find contentment in our journey. Watch over us as we rest and grant us a peaceful night. Amen."

Goodnight, dear Diary.

With love,
Kathy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Third Day

September 28, 1955 Dear Diary, Another cold, blustery day, even worse than yesterday. My hopes of fishing by the shore of Okoboji were dashe...