Saturday, July 20, 2024

The Annunciation

June 20, 1955

Dear Diary,
 
Today was a beautiful day filled with peace and reflection. Sister Mary Clare and I began our morning early, setting off for Holy Mass down the familiar gravel road. The air was cool and crisp, with the gentle songs of birds accompanying us on our walk. Mini trotted happily by our side, her little paws making soft, rhythmic sounds on the gravel.

As we walked, the sun slowly rose, casting a golden hue over the fields and trees. The church came into view, standing as a humble sentinel amidst the serene landscape. Our journey felt almost sacred, a quiet prelude to the holiness awaiting us at Mass.

After Mass, we returned home, and I enjoyed a simple breakfast of a freshly laid brown egg. There’s something incredibly comforting about starting the day with the fruits of our own little farm.

Back in the cave, I decided to capture some thoughts from today's homily in my drawings. Father LeRoy spoke beautifully about The Annunciation, the day the Angel Gabriel visited the Blessed Virgin Mary and told her she would be the Mother of God. It was a moment of profound faith and acceptance. Mary’s humble "yes" to God's plan resonates deeply with me, and I tried to capture the serenity and grace of that moment in my sketches.

As the day comes to a close, I offer my prayers with a grateful heart:

Heavenly Father, thank You for the blessings of this day. Thank You for the quiet walk to church, the beautiful Mass, and the simple joys of my home. As I reflect on the Annunciation, I am in awe of Mary's faith and obedience. Help me to emulate her trust in You and to always say "yes" to Your will.

Protect my loved ones, especially Sister Mary Clare, Ronnie, and all who are dear to me. Watch over our little farm and all its creatures. Guide my steps tomorrow and always.
 
Amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Third Day

September 28, 1955 Dear Diary, Another cold, blustery day, even worse than yesterday. My hopes of fishing by the shore of Okoboji were dashe...