Monday, July 8, 2024

Faith, Hope and Charity



July 8th, 1955
 

Dear Diary,
 

Today, I read a beautiful prayer from John Hathaway's book about faith, hope, and charity. It goes like this:

"O almighty and eternal God! grant unto us an increase of faith, hope, and charity; and that we may obtain what thou hast promised, make us to love and practise what thou commandest; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen."

As I read these words, I began to reflect on their meaning in my life.

Faith is my trust in God, knowing He is always with me. Hope is the light that keeps me looking forward, even in difficult times. Charity is the love I share with others, inspired by God's love for us.

Sister Mary Claire often talks about these virtues, and today I felt their importance more than ever. Faith helps me trust in God's plan, hope keeps me positive, and charity guides me to be kind and loving to everyone, including my pets, Mini, Shaggycoat, and Omelette, my brown hen.

Tonight is special because it's my first night sleeping in the cave alone. Sister Mary Claire came with me to make sure everything was fine, and now all I have to do is say my prayers and go to bed.

This evening, I offer this prayer:

Heavenly Father,

Thank You for the gift of faith, hope, and charity. Help me to trust in You, remain hopeful, and love others as You love me. Bless Sister Mary Claire, Mini, Shaggycoat, and Omelette. May we all feel Your presence and love.

Through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.

Feeling grateful for this day and its lessons, I close my eyes and rest.

Love,
Kathy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Third Day

September 28, 1955 Dear Diary, Another cold, blustery day, even worse than yesterday. My hopes of fishing by the shore of Okoboji were dashe...