Tuesday, October 1, 2024

On the Way

 
October 1, 1955

Dear Diary,

This morning, Sister Mary Claire and I attended early morning Mass for the last time at the church by the lake. It was bittersweet saying goodbye to Father Linnan and all the new friends we've made during our stay. As the Gospel was read, I listened closely to the words from Luke. Jesus was on his way to Jerusalem, resolute in his journey, but faced rejection in a Samaritan village. When James and John wanted to call down fire from heaven, Jesus rebuked them. Father Linnan shared in his homily how often we are tempted to react with frustration when things don't go as planned or when we feel rejected. But Jesus shows us a better way—to turn and journey on, trusting in God’s plan, even when we face obstacles.

After Mass, we returned to the cabin. I helped lock it up, knowing we wouldn’t see it for a while. The car was packed and ready to go, but I noticed Mini looking around with curious eyes, wondering why we were leaving. I reassured her, stroking her fur, and she seemed to trust our judgment, even if she didn't fully understand.

Now, on the plane, as the clock moves toward evening, I find myself reflecting on the journey ahead. At 5 p.m., as we boarded, I whispered a little prayer to calm my heart and give thanks for the time we've had:

"O Lord, of paths both near and far,
Guide our steps, where’er they are.
Through village roads or skies of blue,
May we walk and trust in You.
When doors are closed and plans undone,
Help us know Your will is one.
In peace and faith, we move along,
With You, O Christ, where we belong."

Mini curled up at my feet, finding peace as the plane hummed with steady rhythm, and I knew we were ready for whatever lay ahead.

With gratitude and faith,
Kathy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Diary

Today was a peaceful day by Lake Zurich. Sister Mary Claire read me the Gospel of the day from her Roman Daily Missal, Luke 10:17-24, the pa...