Thursday, October 3, 2024

Lost Luggage


October 3, 1955

Dear Diary,

We have finally arrived safe and sound in Zurich! Sister and I found the little apartment reserved for us—it’s cozy and perfect, just what we needed after the long journey. However, we did have a small hiccup: our luggage was lost along the way. They reassured us that it should be delivered to the apartment today, and I can’t wait to see it arrive, especially since our coats are inside, and it’s quite chilly at 48 degrees. For now, we’re staying close to the apartment to keep warm.

Sister will begin teaching on Monday, so I’m happy to have her all to myself until then. Mini seems happy too, exploring the sweet little backyard we discovered. It’s perfect for her to roam around safely.

This evening, Sister read the Gospel reading to me, the one about Jesus sending out his disciples. It made me feel safe, like we were back home again at our little country Church with Father LeRoy. Sister told me a story about trusting in God’s care, even when we feel like lambs among wolves. Her words wrapped me in comfort, reminding me that no matter where we are, God is always watching over us.

Here’s my little evening prayer:

Dear Lord, watch over me tonight,
Guide my steps with Your holy light.
Though far from home, Your love is near,
In Your embrace, I have no fear.

Bless Sister, Mini, and those I love,
Guard us with grace from heaven above.
And may tomorrow’s dawn bring peace,
In You, O Lord, my heart finds ease.

Goodnight, Diary.
Kathy







No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Diary

Today was a peaceful day by Lake Zurich. Sister Mary Claire read me the Gospel of the day from her Roman Daily Missal, Luke 10:17-24, the pa...