Thursday, October 10, 2024

Come Holy Spirit

 
October 10. 1955

Dear Diary,


I’m feeling much better today, still kind of weak, but nothing like before. Yesterday, Sister brought me some bouillon and bread from a Swiss baker. That’s what I had, and it made me feel a little stronger. This morning, after Sister read the Gospel, she sat beside me and told me a story to help me understand it better.

She told me about a little boy in town who once asked his mother for something. He didn’t get it right away, so he kept asking until she finally gave him what he wanted. She explained that sometimes, when we pray, we need to be like that little boy—persistent. God always listens, but He also wants us to trust in Him and keep asking, seeking, and knocking. Sister said it’s not just about getting what we ask for but about learning to have faith and trust in God’s timing.

The day stayed cool, with the sky cloudy as usual, and I think it’s going to rain again. Mini and I wandered around the backyard for a while. I think we’ve worn almost a little path from all our walks, haha.

Here’s my prayer for today:

O Holy Ghost, come, dwell in me,
Like gentle winds upon the sea.
Fill each day with light anew,
And guide me always close to You.

Come every day, come never late,
Your loving presence I await.
In every hour, in all I see,
O Holy Ghost, abide with me.


Amen.

Love, Kathy



No comments:

Post a Comment

More Muesli Please

  October 15, 1955   Dear Diary, This morning started off with the usual quiet, as Sister Mary Claire had already left for the monastery. Bu...