Friday, October 11, 2024

Trip to the Coop


October 12, 1955

Dear Diary,

This Saturday was beautiful, and we started the day with morning Mass at the English-speaking Mission just down the street. Mini stayed home, content as ever, while Sister Mary Claire and I enjoyed the peaceful walk to church. It’s always nice knowing Mini is cozy at home while we’re out.

After Mass, Sister Mary Claire explained the Gospel reading to me. It was from Luke 11:27-28, where a woman praises Mary, but Jesus responds by saying, “Rather, blessed are those who hear the word of God and observe it.” Sister told me that Jesus wasn’t dismissing the woman’s praise of His mother, but He wanted everyone to understand that the true blessing comes from hearing and living God’s word. Sister Mary Claire's explanation made me realize that it’s not just about who we are, but how we respond to God’s call in our everyday lives.

On our way back, we stopped by the Coop Grocery to pick up some dark German bread and tuna fish. Sister has been keeping an eye on my health, and I’m grateful for her care. We had a quiet and easy day after that, and I spent some time reading from my All for Jesus book.

The highlight of the day was when Sister Mary Claire took an amazing photo. Outside the store, there was a bicycle with a basket, and inside the basket was a little sign that read "All for Jesus," just like my book! It felt like a sign, as if we weren’t the only ones who love this message. I couldn’t help but smile, feeling like God’s love was shining through in the most unexpected ways.

O Mary, Mother of Jesus,
Guide me in Your ways, so gracious.
Help me be kind and pure today,
Living with love, I humbly pray.

Until tomorrow,
Kathy

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

More Muesli Please

  October 15, 1955   Dear Diary, This morning started off with the usual quiet, as Sister Mary Claire had already left for the monastery. Bu...