Wednesday, October 9, 2024

A Tough Day


October 9, 1955

Dear Diary,

Today was a tough one. I wasn’t feeling well, and Sister Mary Claire thought it might be a touch of food poisoning. She was right by my side, as always, and made sure everything was within reach before taking Mini out for a walk. Even though I felt unwell, her kindness made me feel taken care of. I watched them from the window as they walked along, Mini trotting happily beside her.

In today’s Gospel, Jesus teaches us how to pray. It reminded me of how simple yet powerful prayer can be. I thought about the disciples asking Jesus, “Lord, teach us to pray.” I’ve felt like that too, unsure at times how to pray or what to say. But Jesus gave them words, just as Sister Mary Claire always has words of comfort for me.

"When you pray, say: Father, hallowed be your name, your Kingdom come.” Today, I prayed these words quietly to myself, asking for strength and grace. I realized that, even when we feel weak, we are never alone. I think that’s what Jesus wanted us to understand in this Gospel.

Sister Mary Claire reminded me of something very important as she tucked me in: “Stand straight and tall if you want to be a soldier in Christ’s army.” I closed my eyes and pictured myself, standing strong, ready to fight the good fight, even when I feel weak. In His army, every prayer counts, and every struggle has meaning.

Prayer: Lord, today has been a difficult day, but I trust in Your strength and love. Help me to stand straight and tall, even when I feel weak, as a soldier in Your army. Let my prayers be like little battles won for Your Kingdom. Amen.

And now, I'll rest.

Love, Kathy



No comments:

Post a Comment

More Muesli Please

  October 15, 1955   Dear Diary, This morning started off with the usual quiet, as Sister Mary Claire had already left for the monastery. Bu...