Saturday, October 12, 2024

Sunday Sermon

Listen to the Sunday Sermon

October 13, 1955

Dear Diary,

Today was one of those Sundays where the world outside seemed to slow down with the gentle fall of rain. Mini sat close by, her head resting on my leg as we watched the drops trace paths down the window. We spent the afternoon listening to Bishop Barron’s sermon, his voice traveling through the rain from far away, yet feeling as though he was speaking directly to us.

He spoke about a question from the book of Wisdom that really made me think: If you could ask God for anything, what would it be? It’s such a big question, and while so many things might come to mind, Bishop Barron reminded us that the wisdom figure in the Bible asked for something deeper—understanding, the gift of wisdom. It really struck me that, more than riches or success, what matters most is the insight to see the world as God sees it, to understand His will for us. It left me reflecting on what I would ask for and made me grateful for these quiet moments of clarity.

As the rain continued, it felt as if God's presence was in the stillness, as though He was inviting us to seek wisdom in the everyday, even on a rainy Sunday like this. There’s a lot of comfort in knowing that in these moments of peace, we’re being drawn closer to His heart.

Prayer:

O Lord, in your quiet ways, let me see,
The wisdom and light you’ve given me.
In peace and in stillness, help me find,
The truth of your love and guide my mind.
Amen.

With love, Kathy

























No comments:

Post a Comment

More Muesli Please

  October 15, 1955   Dear Diary, This morning started off with the usual quiet, as Sister Mary Claire had already left for the monastery. Bu...