Thursday, May 23, 2024

May 23, 1955



May 23, 1955 

Dear Diary, 

This morning, Sister Mary Claire and I walked through the cornfield to St. Mary's Catholic Church. The air was fresh, and the corn was getting taller, making a rustling sound. It was a peaceful walk, and I felt close to God. 

At Holy Mass, Father LeRoy spoke about the gift of understanding from the Holy Spirit. He explained how this gift helps us see things clearly, understand God's will, and recognize His presence. His words touched my heart. 

Father LeRoy also shared a beautiful affection: 

"Holy Spirit, be my Teacher. Speak to my mind and heart. Guide and direct me. Help me listen to You in quiet moments. Let me see God's goodness and understand that challenges can help my soul. Show me that the cross brings salvation and sweetness. Come, Father of the poor, giver of grace, and Light of hearts." 

I made a resolution: I will utilize the counsels and admonitions of the Holy Ghost for my salvation. My spiritual bouquet is: I will hear the Lord God speak to my soul. 

In the evening, Sister Mary Claire and I spent time in the Inner Court prayer wagon, praying and reflecting on the day's lessons. It was a special time, filled with peace and God's presence. 

Before bed, I prayed: 

"Dear Lord, thank You for the gift of understanding. Help me to always listen to Your Holy Spirit and follow His guidance. May I recognize Your goodness and find strength in the cross. Amen." 

Goodnight, Diary. 

With love, 
Kathy


No comments:

Post a Comment

June 16, 1955

The Sunday Sermon & Iowa Thunderstorm       Dear Diary, Today was quite an adventure! Sister Mary Claire and I set off for Alton, Iowa, ...