Tuesday, May 21, 2024

May 21, 1955



May 21st, 1955 (Tuesday)

Dear Diary

Today, Sister Mary Claire and I went to Holy Mass at St. Mary's and got caught in the rain again. It seems like it's always raining, but at least the farmers have planted most of the corn and many of the soybeans as well.

Father LeRoy's homily was about the gift of fear of the Lord, which he said is the foundation of all other gifts of the Holy Ghost. He explained that fear of evil is the first step on the way to God, helping souls achieve purity of heart, making them pleasing to God. This inspired me to make a daily resolution starting today:

My Resolution:  I will try to avoid the slightest sin and to do all the good I can for my neighbors. 

My Spiritual Bouquet is: "Pierce my heart with thy holy fear, oh my God."

Evening Prayer

Dear Lord, thank You for the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Help me to live with a heart full of reverence and love for You. Pierce my heart with Your holy fear, oh my God. Help me to avoid evil and strive for purity. May my actions be pleasing to You, and may Your holy fear guide me closer to You each day.

In Jesus' name, I pray. 
Amen.

Goodnight, Diary.

Love, Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

June 16, 1955

The Sunday Sermon & Iowa Thunderstorm       Dear Diary, Today was quite an adventure! Sister Mary Claire and I set off for Alton, Iowa, ...