Wednesday, May 15, 2024

May 15, 1955



Dear Diary,

May 15, 1955

Today was a bright and clear day. Sister Mary Claire and I walked to St. Mary's for Holy Mass. Our walk was filled with the fresh scent of spring flowers, and we always enjoy our wonderful talks about faith, family, and our plans for the day. I always cherish these moments with Sister Mary Claire; she has such a gentle way of guiding me and making me feel special.

At Mass, Father LeRoy gave a beautiful homily. He reminded us of Jesus' promise to His disciples that He would send the Holy Ghost to teach them everything they needed to know. The Holy Ghost, Father Leroy said, is the Spirit of love and truth, helping us understand all the lessons Jesus taught. He will continue to guide us forever with His wisdom and inspiration. Father Leroy's words were so comforting, knowing we have such a divine helper always with us.

After the homily, I made a resolution: I will call upon the Holy Ghost with special fervor before every prayer and ask for His help in all my difficulties. To remind myself, I made a little spiritual bouquet: "Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of Thy faithful and enkindle in them the fire of Thy love."

This evening, after our day filled with chores and joyful moments, Sister and I retreated to the Inner Court wagon. It's always so peaceful there. We ended the day with quiet reflection and prayer. I made up a special evening prayer to invoke the Holy Spirit:

"Dear Holy Spirit, come into my heart. Fill me with Your love and wisdom. Help me to understand and follow the teachings of Jesus. Guide me through all my troubles and keep me close to You. Amen."

With that prayer, we felt a deep sense of peace and closeness to God. I'm so grateful for this day and for the constant presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives.

Goodnight, dear diary.

Love, Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

June 16, 1955

The Sunday Sermon & Iowa Thunderstorm       Dear Diary, Today was quite an adventure! Sister Mary Claire and I set off for Alton, Iowa, ...