Tuesday, May 14, 2024



May 14, 1955

Dear Diary,


Sister Mary Claire and I got up early and walked to Holy Mass at St. Mary's. Father Leroy delivered a nice homily. The part I remember most was when he said, "Come, O Holy Spirit, and create a clean heart within me, a pure and innocent heart which loves Thee alone (Ps 50, 12).
 Fill me with a lively hatred and detestation of the least sin." His words made me think about how important it is to keep my heart pure and focused on loving God above all else.

The evening was cool, and Sister Mary Claire and I spent it in the prayer wagon after we stoked a little fire in the stove. The warmth from the fire made our time together even more special. 

To end this beautiful day I prayed.

"Dear Lord, thank You for the blessings of today and for Your guidance. Please create in me a clean heart, pure and innocent, that loves You alone. Help me to detest even the smallest sin and to live my life in a way that pleases You. Amen."

Goodnight, dear diary.

With love, Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

June 16, 1955

The Sunday Sermon & Iowa Thunderstorm       Dear Diary, Today was quite an adventure! Sister Mary Claire and I set off for Alton, Iowa, ...