Sunday, May 19, 2024

May 20, 1955

Learn More about these two Sisters Here

 
Dear Diary,

May 20, 1955

This morning, Sister Mary Claire and I walked down the road to St. Mary's for Holy Mass again. Father LeRoy has been giving us so much to think about concerning the Holy Spirit. Today, he shared that the Holy Spirit speaks to us as the guest of our souls. He explained how, after sanctifying us in baptism and again in the sacrament of penance, the Holy Ghost dwells within our hearts. He quoted the astounding words of St. Paul: "Know ye not that you are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?"

It dawned on me that if the Holy Spirit is in my heart, He has a perfect place to live. After all, I've already built my little garden church there, and He must enjoy it. Oh, blessed heart, having the privilege of harboring the third person of the most blessed Trinity! But alas, we so rarely ponder the sublime truth of our faith and know not how to esteem it adequately. Otherwise, how zealous should we be to honor the Holy Ghost worthily, to rejoice Him, to remove whatever is displeasing to Him—in other words, to make the abode of our hearts as agreeable as possible to Him.

Oh my, that's a lot to think about. I've made a resolution: I will frequently thank the Holy Ghost for having chosen my heart as His dwelling place. I will adore Him therein, and be mindful of His presence.

My spiritual bouquet: "Know ye not that we are temples of the Holy Ghost, that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?"

As I'm writing this, there's a thunder clap and more rain on the roof. We've had nice rain for the last two days, and I'm thankful for it. I'm also deeply thankful for Sister Mary Claire—not only is she my sister, but also my friend and confidant.

Evening Prayer

Dear Holy Ghost, we come before you with hearts full of gratitude. Thank you for choosing our hearts as your dwelling place and for the countless blessings you bestow upon us daily. Help us to always honor and rejoice you, making our hearts agreeable abodes for your presence.

We are thankful for the rain that nourishes the earth and for the comfort it brings as it falls. We are especially grateful for Sister Mary Claire, who is a constant source of love and support. Bless her always.

As we close this day, we ask you to guide our thoughts, words, and actions so that we may always reflect your love and light. May our hearts remain a sacred sanctuary for you.

Amen.

Goodnight, Diary. May the Holy Ghost continue to guide and dwell within us.

Love, Kathy


No comments:

Post a Comment

June 16, 1955

The Sunday Sermon & Iowa Thunderstorm       Dear Diary, Today was quite an adventure! Sister Mary Claire and I set off for Alton, Iowa, ...