Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Dear Diary

Dear Diary,

May 1, 1955

Today was a reflection of peace in the midst of our anxieties. In today's Gospel, we heard how Jesus offers us peace, not as the world gives, but a peace that transcends all understanding. He reminds us not to let our hearts be troubled or afraid, a message I needed to hear. Whether it's the fear of losing material things or the deeper fears of loss that touch our spirits, His peace is a balm to our restless hearts.

Sister Mary Claire and I attended Holy Mass in Des Moines today since Saint Mary's country church is still under renovations. How I long for our little church to be ready, but this journey brought its own blessings. We rode our horses there in the cool evening, feeling every step closer to the house of God was a step deeper into tranquility.

As twilight settled over the Inner Court, we gathered to offer our prayers, the glow of the prayer wagon dimming with the day. As I sat with my diary, pen in hand, my thoughts turned to Sister and the imminent arrival of Father Leroy. In the quiet of my heart, hope swelled for the wisdom and guidance he would bring to our community.
I penned a prayer, beseeching blessings upon Sister and Father Leroy as he prepares to join our midst. My anticipation for his presence brimmed with optimism, envisioning the warmth of his welcome and the profound impact of his teachings.
In those sacred moments, my prayer extended beyond mere words. I sought a deeper peace, one that transcends worldly measures and material fortunes. It is a peace Christ promised—not fleeting, not reliant on external validation, but an inner serenity that illuminates our path.

May this enduring peace dwell within us always,

Kathy


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Liberty of God

June 24, 1955 Dear Diary, Today, Sister Mary Claire and I went to 6 o'clock Mass at St. Mary's. The short, beautiful walk was refres...