Saturday, May 25, 2024

May 25, 1955


Dear Diary,

Yesterday, our visit to the glacial rock was truly inspiring. Sister Mary Claire told me she knew of an even larger one nearby, which made me think deeply about God and His creation. As I stood by the rock, I couldn't help but marvel at how everything God created has a purpose.

This rock, with its immense presence and timeless nature, led me to reflect on God, time, and the divine plan. Sister Mary Claire shared a wise thought: "All men are vain in whom there is not the knowledge of God" (Wisd. xiii. 1). She explained that ignorance and a lack of reflection on divine things are major sources of anxiety, doubt, discontent, and sin in the world. "With desolation is all the land made desolate, because there is none that considereth in his heart" (Jer. xii. 11).

We need to continually think about the great truths God has revealed, not just learn them once and forget. This rock reminded me of the importance of keeping God's wisdom in my heart and constantly reflecting on His creation and purpose. It’s a call to be mindful and to see the divine in everything around us.

From the Inner Court wagon, I offer this prayer:

Dear Lord, open my heart to Your wisdom and grace. Help me to see Your hand in all of creation and to reflect on Your divine truths each day. Guide me to live with purpose, always mindful of Your presence. Amen.

Love, Kathy




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Liberty of God

June 24, 1955 Dear Diary, Today, Sister Mary Claire and I went to 6 o'clock Mass at St. Mary's. The short, beautiful walk was refres...