Friday, May 17, 2024

May 17th, 1955


May 17, 1955

Dear Diary,

This morning, Sister Mary Claire and I went to early Mass at St. Mary’s. Father LeRoy gave a wonderful homily that touched our hearts. He spoke about preparing our hearts for the day of Pentecost and emphasized the importance of praying always. Father LeRoy encouraged us to use our imaginations to perhaps build a little chapel inside our hearts where we can retreat anytime, day or night, to be close to Jesus.

Inspired by his words, I made a resolution: "I will build a chapel in my heart and heed the inspirations of the Holy Ghost making the sacrifices He requires of me." As a spiritual bouquet, I prayed, "Come, Holy Ghost, fill the hearts of the faithful and kindle in them the fire of Your divine love."

Later in the day, Sister Mary Claire and I retreated to the Inner Court wagon. We ended our day with a quiet prayer together, feeling the warmth and comfort of our sisterly bond. As we drifted off to sleep, nestled in each other’s embrace, I felt a deep sense of peace and closeness to Jesus, knowing that the little chapel in my heart was always there.

Ending Prayer:

Dear Jesus, thank You for the beautiful message from Father LeRoy and the vision of a chapel in our hearts. Help me to carry this sanctuary with me always and find refuge in it throughout my day. May the Holy Ghost guide me and fill me with divine love. Amen.

Love, Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

June 16, 1955

The Sunday Sermon & Iowa Thunderstorm       Dear Diary, Today was quite an adventure! Sister Mary Claire and I set off for Alton, Iowa, ...