Saturday, May 18, 2024

May 18, 1955


Dear Diary,

Tonight, as the sun set and painted the sky with hues of gold and purple, Sister Mary Claire and I walked silently to the vigil Mass. The air was filled with a serene anticipation as Father LeRoy continued his teachings on the Holy Spirit. His words stirred something deep within me, echoing through the chapel of my heart where I envision the old, revered statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary standing gracefully at the entry.

During Mass, a profound resolution formed within me: In union with our Blessed Mother, I will fervently implore the Holy Ghost and prepare my heart by acts of mortification and self-denial. Inspired by the spirit of the evening, I crafted a Spiritual Bouquet in my heart, whispering softly, "Come, Thou Father of the poor, Dispenser of grace, Light of Hearts!"

As the day draws to a close, Sister Mary Claire and I will retire to the Inner Court Wagon, our little haven of peace. There, under the gentle glow of the lantern, we will say this bedtime prayer:

Evening Prayer

Heavenly Father, as night enfolds the world in its quiet, we kneel before You in humble prayer. With hearts longing for Your light, we ask that Your Holy Spirit descend upon us, guiding our thoughts, sanctifying our dreams, and comforting our spirits. Help us to surrender our day with all its joys and trials into Your loving hands, trusting in Your divine providence. May the Blessed Virgin Mary, our mother and guide, watch over us through the night, keeping our hearts ever close to Yours. Fill us with Your peace, and awaken us to a new day filled with Your grace. Amen.

Thank you for this peaceful end to our day, Diary. It's moments like these that truly enrich our journey towards holiness.

Goodnight,

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

June 16, 1955

The Sunday Sermon & Iowa Thunderstorm       Dear Diary, Today was quite an adventure! Sister Mary Claire and I set off for Alton, Iowa, ...