Monday, June 24, 2024

The Liberty of God

June 24, 1955

Dear Diary,

Today, Sister Mary Claire and I went to 6 o'clock Mass at St. Mary's. The short, beautiful walk was refreshing in the cool morning air. Father LeRoy's homily was inspiring, and what stuck with me most were his words: "Keep yourself free from sin. This is the truest liberty. Here, in the greatest exercise of human strength and determination, this gives you the true Liberty of God."

I kept myself busy with the Little Lending Library today and now have eight books on the shelf, including Sister's original copy of Catholic Crusoe. I'm going to keep transcribing it, but I wanted to put the original copy in the Free Lending Library so everyone can read it now.

In the evening, we were invited over to the big house by Tom and Judy. Judy sautéed summer squash with bell peppers, onions, and ground organic turkey in butter. It was delicious. We had a lovely visit with Tom and Judy before heading back to the Inner Court prayer wagon. Together, my sweet sister Mary Claire and I wrote an evening prayer:

"Dear Jesus, thank You for the blessings of this day. Help us to remain free from sin and to find true liberty in Your love. Bless our family, friends, and all those in need. Guide us with Your grace and keep us close to Your heart. Amen."

Hugs for my sister.

Goodnight, dear diary.

Love,
Kathy
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Third Day

September 28, 1955 Dear Diary, Another cold, blustery day, even worse than yesterday. My hopes of fishing by the shore of Okoboji were dashe...