Sunday, June 23, 2024

Holy Communion


Dear Diary,

Today was a truly special day, one I will never forget. This morning, Sister Mary Claire and I prepared for Mass at St. Mary's Catholic Church. We woke up early, and I could feel the excitement and solemnity in the air. Before we left, we said our Morning Prayers together, asking for guidance and grace.

When we arrived at church, it was a beautiful sight. The sun shone through the stained glass windows, casting colorful patterns on the wooden pews. The familiar scent of incense filled the air, adding to the sacred atmosphere.

As Mass began, I felt a deep sense of peace and reverence. Father LeRoy's homily was inspiring, reminding us of the beauty of the Eucharist and the immense love of Jesus. But the most powerful moment was yet to come.

When it was time for Holy Communion, I joined the line and slowly made my way to the front. Kneeling at the communion rail, I closed my eyes and waited. Sister Mary Claire was on the other side, holding the chalice with the consecrated hosts. She looked so serene and beautiful in her black and white habit, a true reflection of God's grace.

As she placed the Holy Communion on my tongue, I felt an overwhelming sense of love and connection. My eyes watered, and a tear rolled down my cheek. In that moment, it was as if all my worries and fears melted away, replaced by a profound sense of peace and divine presence. It was a sacred and intimate moment with Jesus and two sisters.

After Mass, we stayed for a while in silent prayer. I felt a deep gratitude for the gift of the Eucharist and for having my sister Mary Claire by my side. Her gentle touch and loving presence made the experience even more special. I know that receiving Holy Communion from her today has brought me closer to Jesus and strengthened my faith.

As we walked back home, the world seemed brighter and more beautiful. The bond between us felt even stronger, and I was filled with joy and gratitude for this unforgettable day.

Good
 night, dear diary.

Love,
Kathy
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Third Day

September 28, 1955 Dear Diary, Another cold, blustery day, even worse than yesterday. My hopes of fishing by the shore of Okoboji were dashe...