Wednesday, June 26, 2024

God's Love for Creatures

 
June 26, 1955

Dear Diary,

Today began with early morning Mass with Sister Mary Claire. Father LeRoy’s homily was about God’s love for all His creatures. He said, "On every single creature, then, God dwells with pleasure and love. He also reminded us that God's love is even greater for humans, especially those who serve Him with all their ability.

Father LeRoy's words made me think deeply about Mini, my Corgi, and Omelette, my brown hen. It’s comforting to know that God’s love extends to them as well, and it filled my heart with gratitude for His blessings on all His creations.

In the afternoon, Sister Mary Claire and I worked in the garden. The weather was perfect, and the garden is looking more vibrant. We enjoyed the peaceful moments, talking and sharing our thoughts while tending to the plants.

In the evening, we spent time in the prayer wagon. Together, Sister Mary Claire and I composed this prayer:

"Dear Jesus, thank You for the love and blessings You bestow on all Your creatures. Help us to love You above all and to extend our love to all Your creations, just as You love them. Guide us in our daily lives to serve You with all our ability and to spread Your love to everyone we meet. Amen."

Hugs for my sister.

Goodnight, dear diary.

Love,
Kathy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Lord's Light

  July 3, 1955 Dear Diary, Today was another remarkable day filled with spiritual wonder and inspiration. Sister Mary Claire and I took a pe...