Saturday, June 15, 2024

June 15, 1955


Dear Diary,

Saturday, June 15th

This morning, Sister Mary Claire and I took a peaceful walk to St. Mary's Catholic Church. The air was fresh, and the early summer sun cast a warm glow on the fields. When we arrived, we found our favorite pew and listened intently as Father LeRoy delivered his homily. He spoke beautifully about the Truth of God and the vanity of human desires, reminding us that true happiness lies in seeking God's will above all else. His words resonated deeply with me, and I felt a renewed sense of purpose and devotion.

In the afternoon, I prayed  the Joyful Mysteries in the goose pen. I love spending time with my two favorite geese, Albert and Minnie. Minnie, not to be confused with Mini my Corgi puppy, has been Albert's partner for life. They are such a joy to watch, waddling around and honking softly as if having a conversation. Sometimes, they seem almost human-like in their behavior, showing affection and loyalty to each other in a way that warms my heart. Saying my rosary with them nearby felt so special, like I was surrounded by God's creatures who understand the beauty of prayer.

In closing today's diary entry, I will add this little prayer:

Dear Lord, Thank you for the blessings of this day, For the wisdom shared by Father LeRoy, And the peaceful moments spent with your creations. Help me to seek Your truth and shun worldly desires, To find joy in the simple and the sacred. May Your light guide my steps always, And Your love fill my heart with grace. Amen.

With love and gratitude,
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Liberty of God

June 24, 1955 Dear Diary, Today, Sister Mary Claire and I went to 6 o'clock Mass at St. Mary's. The short, beautiful walk was refres...