Monday, June 17, 2024

The Will of God

June 18, 1955

Dear Diary,

Sister Mary Clare and I were up early this morning, greeted by the fresh scent of rain-soaked earth. It was a wet morning, indeed, as we had over 2 inches of rain. We decided to avoid walking through the corn to church and stuck to the gravel road. Even that felt a bit spongy underfoot.

Fr. LeRoy's homily today was deeply moving, focusing on the God. One line stayed with me: "Be not unwise, but understanding what is the will of God. As His servants, our first care should be to know His will and to do it. Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? Whatever it be, carry it out minutely and fearlessly." These words resonated with me, reminding me of the importance of seeking and following God's will in every aspect of my life.

After church, I couldn't wait to hurry home and change clothes. My new friend, Omelette, needed me. Yes, that's her name. She was the pick of the flock, or perhaps I was hers, because she jumped right up on my knee. At that moment, I knew it was the will of God bringing us together.

I spent the afternoon cleaning out the old chicken house, preparing a cozy new place for our twelve hens and my dear Omelette. Already, Omelette runs to me whenever I come through the door, and it fills my heart with joy.

Dear Lord,

Thank You for the refreshing rain that nourishes our land and for the blessing of this new day. I am grateful for Sister Mary Clare and her constant guidance and love. Thank You for the unused chicken house, which now provides a home for our hens and allows us to start our little egg business.

As I reflect on Fr. Leroy's homily, help me to always seek Your will and follow it fearlessly. Thank You for bringing Omelette into my life and for the joy she brings.

Bless our efforts as we prepare to sell our big brown eggs, and may our work be pleasing to You. Guide us in all that we do and keep us close to Your heart.

Amen.








10989

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shaggycoat

June 27, 1955 Dear Diary, Today was such a lovely day. Sister Mary Claire and I attended early morning Mass with Father LeRoy. It was a cool...