Monday, June 17, 2024

June 17, 1955

Dear Diary,

Today has been a day of unexpected blessings, ones that I will cherish forever. The picture that Sister Mary Claire took of me captures it perfectly. It all started with yesterday's anticipation when Sister hinted at a surprise waiting for me at a place she called the Brown Hen Pen. Little did I know what awaited us there—a whole new chapter for us with our very own chicken flock! Sister Mary Claire surprised me further by letting me choose my own hen, assuring me that she would be my lifelong friend, safe from harm or sale. I can't express how grateful I am for Sister's kindness and for God's goodness, which I see so clearly in her.

This morning, after our prayers at the old Altoona Hotel, Sister shared passages from her meditation book that spoke deeply to me. One particular line resonates in my heart: "Your life is worth nothing to yourself or others unless God be with you." These words are not just profound but hold the key to true happiness and fulfillment. They remind me to seek God's presence in every moment and decision, so that my life may be a reflection of His love and grace.

Later in the day, we returned to the farm earlier than expected, not just with six hens, but with twelve and a magnificent rooster. The sight of our growing flock fills my heart with joy and gratitude. Each hen and the rooster seem to embody a piece of God's creation, reminding me of His abundance and care.

As the day draws to a close, I offer this evening prayer: Dear God, thank You for the blessings of this day—both expected and unexpected. Thank You for Sister Mary Claire, who shows me Your love through her kindness and wisdom. Help me, Lord, to remember that my life gains true meaning and purpose only when lived in Your presence. Guide me to be wise in seeking You, so that I may know true happiness and share Your love with others. Amen.

Good night, dear diary. May God's love and protection surround us always.

With love and devotion, Kathy





No comments:

Post a Comment

Third Day

September 28, 1955 Dear Diary, Another cold, blustery day, even worse than yesterday. My hopes of fishing by the shore of Okoboji were dashe...