Saturday, March 9, 2024

The Inner Court


March 10th, 1955

Dear Diary,

Guess what? Today at Living History Farms was the best! Sister Mary Claire and I were chatting with Tom and Judy about how we kinda miss our trailer, and Tom said, "I've got just the thing!" He showed us this super cool, old Conestoga wagon he had tucked away. It was just like our trailer but way older and with a canvas top—like a tent on wheels! We were so excited we practically jumped up and down.

And get this, on the wooden table inside the wagon was this old prayer book called "The Inner Court." It sounds like something from a secret garden or a castle! Sister Mary Claire and I are going to open it later and say a prayer from it. I can't wait to see what's inside. It's like a treasure hunt where you find out about mysteries from way back when.

Oh, and there's more! Judy's in the kitchen making her famous Baked Just Right chocolate chip cookies. They smell soooo good! I'm already dreaming about munching on them with a big glass of cold milk. Yum!

I'll tell you all about the prayer book tomorrow. I bet it's going to be super interesting!

Love, Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Third Day

September 28, 1955 Dear Diary, Another cold, blustery day, even worse than yesterday. My hopes of fishing by the shore of Okoboji were dashe...