Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Dear Diary

Dear Diary,

Today was a day of deep reflection and prayer. Sister Mary Claire and I visited the Blessed Sacrament at St. Ambrose Cathedral in Des Moines, seeking solace and guidance. As I knelt before the altar, I couldn't help but be overwhelmed by the presence of Jesus in the Eucharist.

I found myself repeating a prayer in my heart, inspired by the teachings of St. Alphonsus Liguori: "Jesus, I understand that you have instituted this Sacrament to remain on the altar to be loved by me―and you are my only Good, my Good that knows no limit and no end. The heart that you have given me is a heart that is capable of an exceeding great love. How then can it be that I have not loved you, or that I love you so little. How can I be so ungrateful? It is not right that Goodness, all―lovely as you are, should be loved so little."

These words echoed in my mind as I prayed, realizing the depth of Jesus' love for me and my own inadequacy in returning that love. I felt a deep sense of repentance and a renewed commitment to love Jesus more fully.

As we left the cathedral and returned to the farm, I felt a sense of peace knowing that Jesus was with me, even in the quiet of the countryside. Sister Mary Claire tucked me into bed, and as I drifted off to sleep, I whispered a prayer of gratitude for her presence in my life and for the opportunity to deepen my relationship with Jesus through the Blessed Sacrament.

Yours sincerely, Kathy


Click to Enlarge





No comments:

Post a Comment

Third Day

September 28, 1955 Dear Diary, Another cold, blustery day, even worse than yesterday. My hopes of fishing by the shore of Okoboji were dashe...