Thursday, March 7, 2024

Jesus, Mary & Joseph


February 7, 1955

Dear Diary,

Yesterday was so magical, and today Sister Mary Claire and I kept talking about it. Remember when I saw the Blessed Mother by the signpost? It still feels like a dream!

Sister said it was a special moment that God let happen. She keeps telling me not to waste my imagination, that it’s a gift. She had me think about the vision and the words on the sign again today. “Imagine new ones to guide you,” she said. Writing this down seems to keep the magic alive.

She explained that just saying "Jesus, Mary, Joseph" is like sending a prayer to heaven. If you say their names with love and devotion, Jesus hears you. It’s like he can hear the things in your heart that you don’t even know how to say.

It’s still really cold outside, with snow flurries like yesterday, so I’ve had lots of time to think. Sister’s lesson made me reflect a lot. And just like that, the year 2024 popped into my head. Weird, huh? But I feel like it means something good.

So, Diary, even though my sign is in my mind, it’s a special place where I can talk to heaven any time I want. And writing about it here, with you, makes it feel like it’ll last forever.

Snug as a bug, Diary!

Kathy




No comments:

Post a Comment

Third Day

September 28, 1955 Dear Diary, Another cold, blustery day, even worse than yesterday. My hopes of fishing by the shore of Okoboji were dashe...