Friday, March 8, 2024

DEAR DIRARY



February 7th, 1955

Dear Diary,

Brrr, today was one of those super-duper cold February days, but guess what? Inside, it was so snug and warm! Tom was like a knight battling the cold, bringing in firewood so we could keep the fireplace roaring. He’s so strong, and every time he opened the door, a little bit of snow would sneak in on his boots – it was like a mini snowstorm!


Downstairs, Judy was in her kingdom, the kitchen, making lunch. It smelled like heaven, or what I think heaven probably smells like – if heaven was made out of tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. She even let me lick the spoon after she stirred the soup. It was delicious!

Up here in my cozy room, Sister Mary Claire was teaching me about the Little Office of the Immaculate Conception. She said it’s a way to remember how special Mary is every day, not just on Sundays. Sister is so smart, and I love learning about this stuff. It makes me feel peaceful inside.

And you won't believe this, but Mini, our Corgi, sat right next to us the whole time. She’s so fluffy and warm, and I think he likes hearing about Mary too, even if she’s just a dog.

So even though the wind was howling like a pack of wolves outside, we were all safe and warm and together. It’s days like this that I feel super lucky to be where I am, with the people (and pets!) that I love.

Talk to you tomorrow Diary,

Love Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Third Day

September 28, 1955 Dear Diary, Another cold, blustery day, even worse than yesterday. My hopes of fishing by the shore of Okoboji were dashe...