Saturday, March 2, 2024

Dear Diary

 
Dear Diary,

Today I learned something big! Sister Mary Claire told me about why we're all here in the world. It's a question that makes my head spin like a top! But Sister says it's simple: God made us because He loves us so much and wants us to be with Him forever. That's called being saved. It's like being picked for the best team ever!

We have to know God, love Him, and serve Him. That's our real job on Earth. Everything else is like when I play with toys and then put them away – it's not the real work I'm supposed to do. Sister says our real work is to make God happy, and that feels like a warm hug to my heart.

She said we must give everything we do to God, like when I give Tom and Judy my drawings to put on the fridge. And every morning when I wake up, I should say, "I'm going to do my best for You today, God. And when stuff happens, I'll remember it's part of Your big plan."

I'm going to try that tomorrow. I'll think of everything as a gift from God, even if it's as small as finding a four-leaf clover or as big as the sky full of stars. And if I get stuck, I'll ask God to help me because even trying to tie my shoes can be tricky sometimes!

Okay, it's time to snuggle up in my covers. I'll try to remember to say my special morning words to God when the sun comes up. Goodnight, Diary!

Love Kathy




No comments:

Post a Comment

Third Day

September 28, 1955 Dear Diary, Another cold, blustery day, even worse than yesterday. My hopes of fishing by the shore of Okoboji were dashe...