Sunday, April 7, 2024

Dear Diary


Dear Diary,
 

Today was bittersweet. Sister Mary Claire and I sat eagerly in the bleachers, cheering on jersey Number 22, our favorite player. Despite the energy and hope in the air, our team didn’t win. Yet, as we walked back to the car, Sister shared with me a gentle reminder, "For thee alone do I place my hope, O sweetest Jesus, for thou art my salvation and my strength, my refuge and my firmament, the fount of all good things. And I remember, dear Jesus, that you never forsake those who hope in you."

It's moments like these, Diary, when earthly disappointments nudge us to lift our gaze higher. Sister Mary Claire always says the true victory lies in keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, for our final homecoming is to be with Him in Heaven forever.

Afterwards, we stopped by the Maid Rite Cafe, where the tang of rhubarb pie sweetened our day. And Sister, ever so thoughtful, promised to bring them fresh rhubarb from our garden tomorrow.

So goodnight, dear Diary, and goodnight to player number 22. May our losses on the court be gains for our souls, as each step we take brings us closer to the ultimate win — eternity with Jesus.

With hopeful heart, Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Third Day

September 28, 1955 Dear Diary, Another cold, blustery day, even worse than yesterday. My hopes of fishing by the shore of Okoboji were dashe...