Monday, February 26, 2024

Dear Diary



Dear Diary,

It's Tuesday, February 27, and WOW, we're still snowed in at Living History Farm! But honestly, I don't mind too much.

We couldn't go to Monday Morning Mass because of all the snow, but Sister did the Daily Readings with me right here. She read from her Roman Daily Missal with that soft voice of hers that makes every story feel like a warm blanket. I'm really  thankful for that. It's like we had our own little church in the living room. Thank you, God, for Sister Mary Claire's kind heart and her way of making the words dance in the air.

The people at the farm are angels without wings, I'm pretty sure. They've let us stay and have treated us like we're family. They've got this kindness that's as big as the snowdrifts outside! And Mrs. Judy makes the best chocolate chip cookies, like a cookie from heaven. She said that she just follows the recipe on the back of the package of chocolate chips but takes the cookies out of the oven two minutes early. I call them 'baked just right' cookies.

Mini's having a blast, acting like a little snow bunny hopping here and there. She even helped (sort of) when Sister and I fed the animals. I think the cows are getting used to her – they don't even blink when she woofs a "Hello" in her doggie way.

I miss our little trailer at St. Boniface, but I'm really grateful for the warm house, the hot meals, and the laughter that's keeping the cold away. Even if Mini did steal my sock again and now I can't find it. Little Stinker!

Please, God, thank you for keeping us safe, for Farmer Tom and Judy's kindness, and for Sister's prayers that remind us you're always with us, even when the snow keeps us from church.

Alright, Diary, it's time for me to get under the covers. Sister says sleep is God's way of letting us charge up for a new day, and I'm ready to be full battery tomorrow!

Goodnight!

Love, Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Third Day

September 28, 1955 Dear Diary, Another cold, blustery day, even worse than yesterday. My hopes of fishing by the shore of Okoboji were dashe...